Cashew Caesar Salad Recipe
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup filtered water
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Start the dressing: Place the cashews in a large bowl and add enough boiling water to cover by about 1 inch. Let stand for at least 45 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Drain the cashews and place in a blender. Add the water, lemon juice, capers, miso, mustard, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed (the dressing should have a strong tangy-salty flavor – it will mellow out when you add the kale).
- If making homemade croutons (you can also use store-bought), heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom. Add the bread and season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic. Toss to coat and toast, tossing occasionally, until the bread is golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Assemble the salad: Place the kale in a large mixing bowl. Add about a cup of the dressing and massage the kale by squeezing it with your hands until softened. Mix in more dressing, if needed. Then toss in the croutons. Serve immediately.
from : https://thenewbaguette.com/vegan-kale-caesar-salad/
- 1 small bunch curly kale, stemmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- Paresion cheese
- 3½ cups cashews, raw
- 1¾ cup water
1. Soak the cashews in water and let sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours before making, or overnight. Drain and rinse before blending.
2. Pour water and cashews into the blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
Spicy Roasted Cashews
2 cups cashews, raw
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ teaspoon cayenne
1½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl and toss to evenly coat nuts with spice mixture. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread cashews evenly onto tray.
3. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden, tossing occasionally. Allow nuts to cool before adding to salad.
Cashew Kale Caesar
- 1 cup cashew cream
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash smoked paprika
- 5 cups kale, washed and de-stemmed
- ½ cup spicy roasted cashews
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1. Combine cashew cream, lemon, olive oil, mustard, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper in blender and blend until incorporated and smooth. Adjust flavor to taste.
- 2. Put kale in a large bowl and lightly drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Massage the greens for a few minutes until they become tender.
- 3. Pour desired amount of dressing onto kale and toss to combine. Add roasted cashews, avocado, salmon (if using), and dash of smoked paprika to finish.