Technology as a whole has been a rapidly developing aspect of the economy thus exponentially increasing the rate of demand for diverse technological products.
On a daily basis, society is on a constant hunt for new devices that far exceed the properties of what has been produced prior to now. If you are in need of what is hot and trendy, then get in here now!
Xiaomi Mi 6 Snapdragon 835
What if I told you that you could get a phone that is as stylish and powerful as the Samsung Galaxy S8, but for a fraction of the price? Yes, you heard right! This device is a recently launched flag-ship handset that’s worthy of your attention.
I present to you, The Xiaomi Mi 6 released by the tech company Xiaomi who has since reached absurd levels of popularity in mainland China. The device was currently launched in April 2017 and is one of the best Android phones around with a beautiful design that stands out on its own. It is working with the majority of Western telecom providers, like Telstra.
Xiaomi Mi Design
- The Xiaomi Mi 6 is a Splash resistant, polished black rectangle, of dimensions (145.2 x 70.5 x 7.5 mm (5.72 x 2.78 x 0.30 in) and weight (168 g / 182 g (Ceramic), with a smooth curved glass back and rounded corners. The phone comes in the standard shades of black or white, plus a much snazzier blue-and-gold version that’s visually stunning.
- The Mi 6 actually accepts two SIMs, operating in a dual-sim standby fashion.
- Unlike the Xiaomi Mi5 which was fitted with the Sony IMX378 and a 12 Mp camera also used by the Google Pixel and one that offers very good image quality, there is great improvement for the Xiaomi Mi6, which is now fitted with two 12 Mp cameras – one with a wide-angle f/1.8 lens and the other a f/2.6 telephoto lens and an 8-megapixel front camera
- Key specs include a 10x digital zoom, 2x optical zoom, four-axis OIS and PDAF. It also shoots 4K videos, it offers various shooting modes including beautify, manual, Group shot and tilt-shift, and real-time filters. After the photo is taken there are also some decent editing tools.
- It has an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (2.45GHz+1.9GHz) processor
- An issue arising is that since this phone isn’t built to be used outside of Asia, different cellular frequencies are used in different countries across the globe, and these Chinese models may not necessarily work in your country of residence. The device is missing a few of the required LTE bands worldwide in the UK although it works on principal networks in Australia such as Telstra.
Xiaomi Mi Features
- Another issue is that Xiaomi has ditched the 3.5mm headphone jack which has been swapped out for a USB-C port in order to allow space for a higher-capacity battery. Alternatively, you can buy yourself a pair of wireless or USB-C headphones, or rely on the phone’s built-in audio which isn’t bad regarding the pair of stereo speakers present.
- Call and Wi-Fi quality is good, and the mics do a good job at noise-cancelling.
- Concerning the battery, this is a standout area for the Xiaomi Mi 6, as it is fitted with a 3,350mAh cell that supports Quick Charge (but not wireless charging) and might even keep going two days.
- It also has a full-HD screen with a that display is as bright (1- to 600 nits) and vibrant, with great contrast, realistic colors and excellent viewing angles.
- It also has an under-glass fingerprint scanner on the home screen that sort of looks like the button
- It features a sealed SIM tray, lined ports and a USB-C connector
- The Xiaomi Mi 6 runs MIUI 8.2 software, which is a custom version of Android 6.0 Marshmallow (the latest version of Android is Nougat, and Android O is expected within the next few months).
- The cheapest version of the Xiaomi Mi 6 retails for about $365, £280 or AU$485 converted, which gets you 4GB RAM and 64GB of onboard storage.
- The 6GB RAM version gets you 128GB onboard storage for 2,899 Chinese yuan — about $420, £330 or AU$560.
- A premium ceramic version with 18K gold finish and with 128GB of storage space and sells for a little more at 2,999 Chinese yuan. That’s about $435, £340 or AU$580.
- Fast Charging
- Significantly cheaper than other flagships
- Speedy performer
- Fantastic camera
- Splash Resistant
- Lacks 3.5mm headphone jack
Xiaomi Mi Take Away
Xiaomi’s Mi 6 is an amazing phone and ticks all the right boxes. It offers a fantastic alternative to those pricier handsets, without a single sacrifice in any aspect. From its high performance through display quality to battery life. It is fast and beautiful. If you know your way around Android products go and get one, and you won’t be disappointed. You’ll have to import it, but its worth every penny and effort put in.
*NOTE: Prices frequently change – Check Latest Price